Juvederm® Conveniently located to serve Long Island, Middle Island, and Stony Brook
JUVÉDERM® is a smooth-consistency injectable gel used to fill in wrinkles and folds, creating a more youthful appearance. This injectable filler is made of hyaluronic acid, which is a natural substance that can be found in your own body. In your body, this naturally occurring substance helps add volume and hydration to your skin.
As we age, the natural volume of youthful skin begins to diminish, and as we lose volume, wrinkles and folds begin to form. With this non-surgical minimally invasive dermal filler, you can maintain your younger, smoother look!
Our JUVÉDERM® Options
We provide two types of rejuvenating JUVÉDERM® fillers: JUVÉDERM® Ultra and JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus.
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra: This injectable gel is excellent for contouring and volumizing lips as well as mild to moderate wrinkles and folds.
- JUVÉDERM® Ultra Plus: This is a more robust formulation made for volumizing and correcting deeper wrinkles and folds, as well as replacing volume loss in the hands or face.
JUVÉDERM® Treatment Preparation
Prior to the date of your JUVÉDERM® treatment session, your doctor will give you clear instructions regarding how to best prepare for the treatment. While some instructions will be specific to your current medical health status, others will be more general, such as the following:
- Stop taking any medications that interfere with blood-platelet activity, such as NSAIDs. Various substances that interfere with blood-platelet activity must also be avoided, including alcohol, nuts, mackerel, and salmon.
- Stop the use of topical creams (including hair-removal creams), serums, and ointments 2 to 3 days before the scheduled treatment date. These topical products may irritate the skin and result in post-treatment complications.
- Avoid tweezing, waxing, and/or bleaching in and around the targeted treatment area.
Treatment with JUVÉDERM®
With JUVÉDERM®, the injection process takes only minutes and requires only local or topical anesthesia to numb the region. Results are immediate, and there’s minimal recovery time, allowing you to step out of your doctor’s office and back into your life. Because of this, this injectable treatment is known as a “lunchtime procedure.”
Following your JUVÉDERM® treatment, taking the following steps will help you recover rapidly and avoid complications:
- Don’t engage in any activities that involve raising your heart rate to more than 100 beats per minute.
- Keep direct exposure to the sun at a minimum, since it may worsen minor side effects of the JUVÉDERM® treatment like bruising and swelling.
- Avoid tanning beds, saunas, and hot tubs, since their intense heat can irritate the skin and slow down the recovery process.
- Avoid alcohol for at least 2 days following the treatment, since it can trigger inflammation and worsen minor side effects.
- All JUVÉDERM® products, like other injectables, need some time following the injection to settle beneath the skin’s surface. That’s why it’s important that you don’t rub, touch, or massage the injection sites after the treatment, even if you feel some irritation. Rubbing, touching, or massaging the injection sites may result in the movement of the gel to other areas beneath the skin, which may lead to disappointing long-term results.
The cost of a JUVÉDERM® treatment may vary depending on the med spa that the client visits, the number of areas treated, and the overall length of the treatment process. You can learn more about the cost of your JUVÉDERM® treatment during a consultation.
Find Out More
"My whole family sees Dr. Cavallo as our dermatologist. He is so patient and understanding...."
"MiraDry has really helped to boost my self esteem. Before MiraDry, doing nothing would make..."
"Dr. Cavallo is such a great doctor. I was concerned about the deep wrinkles around..."
"Dr. Horlick is the only dermatologist I have met who does such a thorough exam...."
"I can't believe how good my skin looks since I met Dr. Horlick. Since my..."
View before & after photos
of actual patients.
Request a Consultation
- Use Our Site to Schedule Your Appointment! We Will Call You To Confirm The Date and Time of Your Visit To Our Practice.