Rosacea Long Island
At Cavallo & Horlick Dermatology in Long Island, we offer safe and effective treatments for a variety of skin issues and skin conditions, including rosacea. Our goal is to provide our patients with the personalized care they need and help restore their quality of life.
Rosacea. Left untreated, rosacea can get worse.
What Is Rosacea?
Rosacea (rose-AY-sha) is a common skin disease. It often begins with a tendency to blush or flush more easily than other people.
The redness can slowly spread beyond the nose and cheeks to the forehead and chin. Even the ears, chest, and back can be red all the time.
Signs and Symptoms of Rosacea
Rosacea can cause more than redness. There are so many signs and symptoms that rosacea has four subtypes:
- Erythematotelangiectatic rosacea: Redness, flushing, visible blood vessels.
- Papulopustular rosacea: Redness, swelling, and acne-like breakouts.
- Phymatous rosacea: Skin thickens and has a bumpy texture.
- Ocular rosacea: Eyes red and irritated, eyelids can be swollen, and person may have what looks like a sty.
With time, people who have rosacea often see permanent redness in the center of their face.
Famous Faces of Rosacea
If you are living with rosacea, you are in good company. Some famous people have struggled with rosacea:
- Bill Clinton.
- Diana, Princess of Wales.
- W.C. Fields (a film star in the 1920s and 1930s).
Schedule a Consultation Today
Contact Cavallo & Horlick Dermatology today to schedule a consultation for your rosacea treatment. Our dermatologist can provide you with the thorough care you need to manage your rosacea and restore your comfort in your appearance.
"My whole family sees Dr. Cavallo as our dermatologist. He is so patient and understanding...."
"MiraDry has really helped to boost my self esteem. Before MiraDry, doing nothing would make..."
"Dr. Cavallo is such a great doctor. I was concerned about the deep wrinkles around..."
"Dr. Horlick is the only dermatologist I have met who does such a thorough exam...."
"I can't believe how good my skin looks since I met Dr. Horlick. Since my..."
View before & after photos
of actual patients.
Request a Consultation
- Use Our Site to Schedule Your Appointment! We Will Call You To Confirm The Date and Time of Your Visit To Our Practice.